Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thursday and Friday Update

Friday Update...

The morning and first half of the day was smooth. Delaney was in such a great mood and when she feels good and is having a good day, she is Mommy and Daddy's sunshine. Delaney's smile and love can take away the pain, frustration, uncertainty, and can make Mommy and Daddy forget about the agonizing trials that surrounds them. Delaney had an appointment at UCSF today for Mommy and Daddy to meet with the pediatric oncologist to discuss their findings and thoughts about Delaney's diagnosis. This also was an opportunity for the oncologist to meet and see Delaney in person. Mommy and Daddy thought they were ready to discuss and review what they had already known about Delaney's diagnosis, but re-living and hearing the conversation about her diagnosis again, was still so painfully sharp, unforgiving, and unbelievable, it brought Mommy to tears and left Daddy in a teared up daze. The rest of the appointment went as expected. We left UCSF and for all the times back and forth to UCSF Delaney was finally awake for the first time to go across the the bay bridge, she thought it was so cool, she had a big smile. When we got home Mommy and Daddy could some what tell that Delaney was not feeling good. Delaney vomited twice, and began to have less and less energy, the afternoon turned rough for Mommy and Daddy ever since the appointment. Delaney was not felling well and finally was able to take a nap at 6pm and has been sleeping since, we shall see how the night goes. It is awesome to see all those that wear their hot pink and black for FIERCE FRIDAY! And of course with tradition it was pizza and cookie night but Delaney was not feeling well to try either. Thank you for all the prayers, love and support. As always..... GO TEAM DELANEY!!!!

"And though she be but LITTLE, she is FIERCE!"

Thursday Update

It was a good night, but Delaney was up at 430 am. Mommy and Daddy try and get her to go back to sleep, usually with some success, but not today. Delaney waited to hear for little Merlin to wake up, this puts a big smile on her face, ear to ear. We tried to make the morning as easy, and relaxing as possible as well as giving some balance between the hospital and home, because Delaney has 2 appointments today. Delaney enjoyed watching the new movie Turbo, a super fast snail, with brother before she had to leave. Her 2 appointments today were a audiology test and a renogram. As you may remember she will do this after each cycle to see how the chemotherapy is effecting her hearing and kidney function. The hearing test went well and the doctor said that he is not seeing any negative effects from the chemotherapy after 2 cycles. Next is the renogram, this test is a challenge because she must lay completely still for 30 minutes. It took the two doctors and Daddy to try and calm and contain the fierceness in Delaney that did not want to lay still. The doctors were concerned that she had too much movement during the renogram and that it might throw the test off because the movement made it hard to track the radioactive dye. Delaney calmed down and was able to finish the renogram. The doctor said they would call us in an hour or so to see it the test was successful or if she will need to come back and repeat it tomorrow. The doctors called Mommy and Daddy once we were home and said that the test was good enough and there was no need for another renogram. A relief for Mommy, Daddy, and of course Delaney. Once home, Delaney played with little brother and then it was nap time. Delaney and Mommy took a nap together on the couch. It's 8pm and she is still "napping". It's gonna be a long night! Hopefully an uneventful one. Thank you for all of the love, prayers and support. As always..…...GO TEAM DELANEY!

"And though she be but LITTLE, she is FIERCE!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment